Our primary care experts
The Academy brings together expertise in primary care research, education, clinical practice and scholarship, so we can champion the scholarly expertise that is essential to the redesign and delivery of the highest standards of person-centred primary care – locally, nationally and internationally.
Our undergaduate Primary Care Education Teamis led by Dr Hisham Nobeebaccus (Interim Director of Education), working with a team of Associate Directors to support general practice teaching across our patch. We also support delivery of the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship programme.
Dr James Bennett, Dr Puja Verma and Dr Clare Fozard, our GP Portfolio Fellows lead the work to develop and deliver innovative research-led educational to undergraduate and postgraudte programme.
Dr Paul Whybrow is Health and Society lead for the MB BS Medicine programme, and co-leads the Gateway Programme with Dr Jason Boland.
Dr Aarti Bansal leads med ed research examining the delivery of PCC teaching, targeted at understanding support for IMG.
Dr Stephen Opare Sakyi is a CATALYST Fellow delivering the innovative postgraduate CATALYST programme.
Our research team is led by Professor Joanne Reeve, Director of Research for the Academy of Primary Care.
- Dr James Bennett, GP Portfolio Fellow
- Myriam Dell'Olio, Research Associate
- Dr Clare Fozard, GP Portfolio Fellow
- Dr Puja Verma, GP Portfolio Fellow
- Dr Paul Whybrow, Academic Lead for Health and Society
Academic clinical trainees
- Dr Aarti Bansal (NIHR In Practice Fellow)
- Dr Laura Douglas (NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow)
- Dr Charlotte Friend (NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow)
- Dr Tom Johnson (Academic Foundation Fellow)
- Dr Sian Reece (NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow, currently an NIHR Doctoral Fellow)
- Dr David Smith (NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow)
- Dr Maria Spears (NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow)