Examples of our collaborations
Partnering with business
We have a long track record of partnering with businesses across the medical and pharmaceutical industries – combining our joint expertise and capabilities to develop new and novel solutions to the health challenges of today.
- We are working with Smith and Nephew to drive research into pioneering approaches to advanced wound care
- We, together with Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, are working with Astra Zeneca to improve outcomes for adult asthma patients
Partnering with universities
Our medical school was founded on partnership, and by working together with other medical schools and universities we can better understand the healthcare needs of our community, and importantly tackle the challenges they face.
- We are working with Aga Khan University (AKU) in Karachi to establish a new NIHR research centre to improve mental and physical health in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- We are part of the UK Coronavirus Immunology Consortium (UK-CIC), a nationally targeted effort to understand the immunology of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, which brings together the expertise and resources of 20 centres around the UK
Partnering with charities
The work of charities is invaluable in increasing awareness and providing support for individuals and families affected by a range of health conditions. We are proud to work in partnership with organisations across the charity sector.
- We are working with Marie Curie as part of their Better End of Life Programme which aims to improve the support available to individuals at the end of life and their families
- We are working with Yorkshire Cancer Research to improve the outcomes of those living with cancer in our region