To apply you must:
1. Attend, and have always attended, a state-funded, non fee paying school/college. We will prioritise applications from students attending school/college in the following local authority areas;
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Kingston upon Hull
- North East Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire
- North Yorkshire
Applications from students attending a state school/college in the following areas will also be considered:
- Redcar and Cleveland
- Stockton on Tees
- West Yorkshire
2. Be in year 12 at the start of the programme.
3. Be studying Science A level. Priority will be given to students studying both Biology and Chemistry.
In addition we are looking for students who:
- Have achieved five GCSES 9-4 (A*-C) including Maths and English. A minimum of two of these qualifications should be at grades 9-7.
- Would be the first generation in their family to attend university
- Have been eligible for Free School Meals whilst at secondary school
- Have attended schools with a lower than average progression to higher education, or a higher than average proportion of students who qualify for Free School Meals
- Live in a neighbourhood which has a low rate of progression to higher education or a high level of socio-economic depravation (as defined by home postcode).
- Have been looked after or in care
We will also consider applications from students who
- Are a recognised young adult carer
- Have refugee status
- Have experienced exceptional circumstances that have adversely affected their education (evidenced through teacher reference).
You don’t need to meet all of the above criteria, but the more you meet, the more likely it is that you will be offered a place on the programme.