Suitable for: Year 12
We are working with the Royal College of General Practitioners to offer 3 days of work experience this summer.
The work experience programme is a fantastic opportunity for you to find out what Medicine is really like, gain first hand experience of working within a clinical environment, see real patient-doctor interactions, and to explore the life of a doctor.
As part of the programme not only will we match you with a GP surgery, you will also attend a pre-placement workshop (4 June 2019) to prepare you for your work experience, as well as a post-placement workshop (10, 11 or 12 September 2019) for you to reflect on your experience.
In order to be successful at application you need to meet the following criteria:
- Year 12 student attending a state school/college, and live within North Yorkshire, East Riding, Humberside, or North and North East Lincolnshire and meet some additional criteria
You must also meet 2 of the following:
- From a household with an annual income of £25,000 or below, OR in receipt of 16-19 Bursary fund or Discretionary Learner support with income threshold of £25,000, OR in receipt of free school meals during GCSEs
- In the first generation of your immediate family to apply to Higher Education
- You live in a neighbourhood which has a low progression rate to higher education (defined by home postcode)
- Attend, or have attended, a school which achieved less than the national average of 5 A* to C passes (including English and Maths) at GCSE
- Are living, or have previously lived in local authority care (if you meet this criteria you do not need to meet 1 other)
How to apply
Applications have now closed.
An opportunity for students about to make their UCAS applications to reflect upon any work experience they have undertaken in preparation to apply to medical school. This workshops will help you use those experiences effectively in your UCAS form and start early preparations for using experiences at interview.
Sessions take place 4pm - 6pm.
- Tuesday 10 September 2019 – University of Hull
- Wednesday 11 September 2019 – University of York
- Thursday 12 September 2019 – University of Hull
Please book here.