|Reference: ||HY0158 |
|Campus: ||Hull |
|Faculty/Area: ||Hull York Medical School |
|Department: ||Centre for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research |
|Salary: || |
| ||Fixed Term |
|Post Type: ||Full Time |
|Closing Date: ||Tuesday 18 April 2017 |
The University seeks to appoint 2 Clinical Research Fellows. Exciting opportunities are available for the successful applicants to undertake a piece of original research. Projects available are:
• Negative pressure wound therapy assessing effectiveness and mechanism of action
• Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy for diabetic foot wounds
• Assessing different fibre types in endovenous laser therapy
• Effect of acute fluctuations of hyperlipidaemia on insulin resistance and cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes
• Study of the functional and qualitative changes in patients with CKD
• Effect of IV iron on Exercise Capacity, cardiac Metabolism and skeletal muscle function in Patients with CKD stages 3b-5 and Iron Deficiency - A Randomized, controlled study
•Exploratory multicentre prospective double blinded randomised controlled pilot trial of the effect of intravenous iron supplementation in Iron deficient and/or anaemic patients with COPD and Chronic Kidney Disease stages G3a or worse on functional status and respiratory function
• Singling pathways in mesothelioma
• Methods of assessment of the upper GI tract in relation to respiratory disease
• Risk stratification of older patients with coronary artery disease being considered for revascularisation
It is expected that the research will be submitted for a higher degree of the University of Hull.
Whilst undertaking research, the post holders will be required to provide resident medical cover to the Spire Hospital, Anlaby, Hull usually on a 1:5 rota.
The successful candidates will possess an appropriate medical qualification and should be at least 1 year post F1 training. It is also desirable that he/she has recently successfully acquired ALS and PALS and will be required to have full GMC registration.
Apply for this job